HSH Yacht Sales
1977 Bombay Clipper 31
Click here to view more pictures
The Bombay Clipper 31 was made in America and is an extremely well-built boat. With her modified full keel she tracks well, and the 3’ 5” draft allows access to waterways not normally accessible to sailboats.
Her bow sprit, secure cockpit and substantial toe rail attest to her bent towards cruising, while her 6’ 6” headroom, large salon, pullman berth, functional galley and spacious head suggest comfort at the dock or underway. Memories has been upgraded with stainless steel opening ports which add to her salty look and function.
LOA: 31 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 0 in
LWL: 25 ft 7 in
Maximum Draft: 3 ft 5 in
Ballast: 3400 lbs
Dry Weight: 11000 lbs
Fresh Water Tanks: (60 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (30 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (28 Gallons)
- Primary fuel and oil filters, oil fill plug, raw water impeller, all mounted on front of engine for easy access.
- Very good engine access with hinged companionway at front, and secured drop boards in both lazarettes for good side access.
- 2 group 27 house batteries (new in 2011), with very easy access.
- 20a Xantrex Truecharge2 battery charger
2 long, straight, full-size settees accommodate guests and provide exceptional sea berths.
Both settees have hinged backrests which easily flip up to create more width for sleeping.
- Bulkhead salon table opens up salon when table is not in use. It is easily deployed when needed, and can be used at 2 different widths depending on the situation.
- Easy access double pullman berth
- Cabinets, drawers and shelves
- High efficiency Hella fan
- Access to anchor well
- Origo 2 burner alcohol stove
- Centerline stainless steel sink
- Foot pump for sink
- Nova Kool front opening fridge/freezer that runs on either AC or DC Fridge door opens forward to accommodate either tack.
- Large storage area under counter
- Door to conceal trash can under counter
- Large storage rack on bulkhead, flashlight rack, paper towel holder and fan
- New Raytheon Autohelm 4000+ Autopilot
- ICOM IC M45 VHF
- Jensen stereo
- Garmin GPS 190 is installed, but reportedly is not working
- Stern lazarette provides access to steering and fuel tank and Racor filter
- Large lazarettes to both port and stardboard provide enormous storage as well as excellent access to both sides of the engine through secured drop boards
- Large ice box forward of starboard lazarette
- All cockpit lazarette lids have exceptionally tight fit with very little if any play. This creates less stress on hinges and hardware, as well as improves water tightness.
- Fold down cockpit table with storage in base.
- Base of cockpit table is angled for foot brace while heeled
- Anderson 40 Self Tailing primary winches
- Offshore Marine Products stainless steel dinghy davits
- Manual emergency bilge pump
Sails & Sail Handling
- Partial batten mainsail with Dutchman Flaking System
- 130 % Genoa with ProFurl furler
- 90 % Jib
- Harken traveller
- Boom vang
Deck & Hardware
- Non-skid was regelcoated using original patterns
- Significant, solid toe rail for safety at sea
- Wide, unobstructed side decks
- Stainless steel spring loaded opening ports with screens by New Found Metals
- Divided anchor well with stainless steel hawes pipes
- 30 amp shore power
- Large stainless steel mooring cleats
- Bow roller
- Claw and Danforth anchors
- Large head area
- Foreward facing Raritan head
- Foot pump for sink
- Ample counter space, drawers & cabinets
- Easy access to Y-valve
- Holding tank
- Fuel: 30 gallon
- Water: 60 gallon
- Holding: 28 gallon
- Bimini/dodger connector
- Mainsail cover
- Wheel & cockpit table cover
- Hatch cover
- Handrail covers
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Back to top
Back to top
Check out our qualified team!
TO BUY A BOAT
FROM HSH YACHTS
PREPARING YOUR BOAT
TO SELL QUICKLY