HSH Yacht Sales
1982 O'Day 34
Click here to view more pictures
The Raymond Hunt designed ODay 34 was one of the more successful models built by the ODay Company. Gimme Shelter is both a pleasure to sail and comfortable at anchor or at the dock. The interior is spacious, uncluttered and efficient, featuring abundant head room, comfortable settees and a large head. In March of 2010, the 24HP Universal diesel engine was totally rebuilt. Her 4 3 shoal draft enables access to shallow anchorages and frees you to go sailing on those days when the north wind has blown the water out of the marinas.
LOA: 34 ft 0 in
Beam: 11 ft 3 in
LWL: 28 ft 9 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 3 in
Dry Weight: 11500 lbs
Engine Brand: Universal
Engine(s) Total Power: 24 HP
Engine Model: M30
- Garmin 498 Color Chartplotter--GPS/Map/Sonar Combo
- Standard Horizon VHF with remote in cockpit (full controls)
- JRC Radar 1000 16 Mile
- 19 Insignia Flat screen TV with Power HDTV Antennae
- JVC HD Stereo, CD, Aux for Ipod, Remote, 3 Way Polyplaner speakers inside, 4 Polyplaner cockpit speakers
- 2 SRM27 Interstate Deep Cycle house batteries (2011)
- 1 SRM27 Interstate Deep Cycle starting battery (2012)
- 3 Stage Guest Battery Charger
- 1000W Inverter
- Large V berth forward
- Large Head aft of V berth
- Long and deep settees port and starboard
- Port settee converts to double bed
- Large quarter berth to starboard
- Nav station forward of quarter berth
- Portable 8000 BTU air conditioner
- Large full size head/shower
- The optimal head design includes a Y-Valve to allow for direct overboard discharge where legal, or to divert to holding tank when in a no discharge zone. In additition, the holding tank can be pumped out at an approved pumpout station, or discharged directly overboard where legal.
- Double stainless steel sink
- Pressure water
- Origo 4000 non pressurized alcohol stove
- Refrigerator / freezer
- Fuel: 30 gallons
- Water: Two 25 gallon tanks for a total of 50 gallons
- Holding Tank: 15 gallons
- 135% genoa in good condition
- 100% jib in excellent condition
- Mainsail with 2 reef points in fair condition
Deck, Cockpit and Sail Handling Equipment
- 33lb Plow type anchor with 20 of chain and 150 of rope road
- Danforth anchor
- Dodger with Eisenglass windows and roll-away bimini
- Folding teak cockpit table
- Profurl roller furler for genoa
- Lazy jacks for mainsail control
- Telescoping whisker pole
- Windscoop for forward hatch
- Anchor sail
- In 2008 the owner applied 4 barrier coats of Interlux 2000/2001E to the bottom to prevent moisture induced blisters. Interlux Super KL bottom paint has been applied to keep the barnacles and slime off.
- The Universal M30 24 HP diesel engine went through a total rebuild ($8,000 including new crankshaft and bearings) in March of 2010. The work was performed by Daryl Gatewood of Gatewood Service and Repair in Rockport, Texas. There are approximately 90 hours on the rebuilt engine.
- The owner removed the salon table to create even more room in the salon. The table is very functional, and folds out to accommodate several guests. Though not currently on the boat, it is included in the sale.
- The owner has removed the hot water heater, however, all of the plumbing is in place, should the buyer decide to add a hot water heater.
- There is currently no masthead mounted anchor light, but there is a portable anchor light that mounts on the backstay.
All personal items, tools, microwave, dishes/pots and pans, cooking utensils, shop vac, books and appliances
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Back to top
Back to top
Check out our qualified team!
TO BUY A BOAT
FROM HSH YACHTS
PREPARING YOUR BOAT
TO SELL QUICKLY