HSH Yacht Sales
1986 Freedom Yachts 36 Sloop
Click here to view more pictures
Built by Tillotson-Pearson. The Gary Mull designed Freedom 36' features a free standing Carbon Fiber Spar that includes a lazy jack system for ease of mainsail handling and a self-tending jib. This design is great for a cruising family or a short handed crew as all of the control lines leed to the cockpit. She is very easy to manage and to sail.
Wonderful accommodations. Two very comfortable private cabins and a large head. She has excellent storage and is equipped and ready for immediately cruising. Equipment includes an Alpha 3000 Auto Pilot, GPS chart plotter, life raft recertified April 2010. Achilles dinghy used twice, radar, watermaker, refrigeration, large sail inventory including spinnaker. AC. She is a wonderful example of a high quality, easy to sail cruiser. Second place winner in Harvest Moon Race several years ago.
LOA: 36 ft 5 in
Beam: 12 ft 6 in
Maximum Draft: 6 ft 0 in
Engine Brand: Single
Engine Model: Yanmar
Engine Hours: 1468
Fresh Water Tanks: (110 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (43 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (12 Gallons)
Ballast: 5,530 #
Total Power: 27
Beautiful accommodations below deck. Bright and well ventilated with seven opening ports and two opening hatches. The main salon has port and starboard settees. The dinette table mounts on the bulkhead to port with full seating all around when in place. Newer headliner. The V-berth sleeps two in comfort and has a private entrance to the head which is very large and has a seperate shower stall for the most part. Ample storage and hanging lockers throughout. The full galley is to port. The nav desk is opposite with a pull out seat. Aft of this is the full quarter cabin with a privacy door and has ample room for two. 6'4 headroom. The main salon will sleep two. Teak and holly sole throughtout.
- Large head to port with sink, vanity and shower. Shower sump pump, manual marine head with Y-valve. 12-gallon holding tank.
Full U-shaped galley to port. Double stainless sinks, Tasco 3-burner, gimballed propane stove with oven. Adler Barbour 12-volt refrigeration (new circuit board). Pressurized hot and cold water with a 6-gallon water heater.
- Katadyn Survivor-35 Watermaker 12-volt or manual (not installed).
Kenwood TKM-707 Single Side Band radio, VHF radio, Datamarine knot and depth sounder. Windspeed/wind point, Ritchie compass, Garmin 182 C Chartplotter. Garmin 2010C Chartplotter at helm. Furuno Radar, Furuno Weatherfax, Contest compass at nav station, Nimbus digital barometer, Sailcomp 103AC, Alpha 3000 Auto Pilot, 406 MHz EPIRB, Nimbus Digital Barometer, KUH Sailcomp.
- MECHANICAL: Yanmar diesel engine 3GM30F 27 HP fresh water cooled with 1500 approx. hrs. Fuel capacity is 43 gallons. Fuel transfer pump, fresh water cooled, tank tender for fuel and water. Ten gallon day tank. The main engine runs on a day tank which is filled from an external filler or from fuel transfered from the main tank.
- Oil changing pump in engine room. Spare alternator. Feathering Max-Prop, extra 2-blade prop. Tank tender for fuel and water.
Cruisair 16,000 BTU reverse cycle AC/heat and dehumidifer. 12-volt ships power. 4-AGM batteries. 30 Amp automatic battery charger. Quad cycle battery monitor. 50' shore power cord. Nav lights, Tri-color light, automatic and manual bilge pumps, (8) 12-volt fans. Sirius AM/FM stereo with CD player. Cockpit speakers which need replacement. Mermaid Dry Pal Dehumidifer
- EXCLUSIONS: Personal tool box, personal items, cloths, books, binoculars. Krups coffee maker, milk frother, etc.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: 2010 bottom job. Cleaned quarterly by a diver. Third owner, placed second in the 2006 Harvest Moon Race.
Large aft cockpit with wheel steering, pedestal guard and brake. Cockpit table, Cockpit speakers, stern rail, horseshoe buoy with holder, double life lines, ring buoy, swim ladder, windex, cockpit cushions, flare kit, ships horn and bell, 10-life jackets. 20# Delta anchor with chain and rode, Danforth anchor. Built in anchor well, anchor roller. Huge cockpit locker.
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT: Achilles 9' inflatable dinghy (used twice), 5 HP Tohatsu outboard motor, 6-man Avon life raft with canvas cover, last inspected April 2010.
- Dishware, silverware. Three fire extinguishers. Beautiful canvas includes bimini, dodger and windshield with canvas cover. Hatch covers, winch covers, companionway cover.
Large sail inventory. Main with cover, storm jib, 155% genoa, 3-spinnakers (like new), blade.
- Keel stepped Carbon Fiber free standing mast, Rigid boom vang, Carbon Fiber spinnaker pole. Traveler on cabin top, jiffy reefing, lazy jacks, halyards led aft.
- Primary and secondary ST winches.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Back to top
Back to top
Check out our qualified team!
TO BUY A BOAT
FROM HSH YACHTS
PREPARING YOUR BOAT
TO SELL QUICKLY