HSH Yacht Sales
Solid Teak Joinery
1987 Tayana 42 Vancouver
Click here to view more pictures
Centerline Queen Aft
No Teak Decks
Yanmar Diesel (437 Hours)
Dual Racor Filters
Tons of Storage
Dripless Shaft Seal
Extra Tall Stantions
Sta-Lok Swagless Fittings on Standing Rigging
Full Cockpit Enclosure With Optional Screens
Technautics Cool Blue DC Fridge / Freezer
The Tayana 42 is an "overbuilt" cutter rigged cruising vessel with an excellent reputation as a solid performing passage-maker. She has exceptional storage capacity and her sea-kindly hull form carries her weight with considerable grace.
Robert Harris' uniquely designed diamond stay at the upper spreaders eliminates the need for cumbersome running backstays when the convertible cutter rig is deployed.
The interior is what you would expect from the renowned Ta Yang shipyard-well executed, stunning teak joinery throughout.
Coin Toss is an excellent example of this highly regarded cruising design. She is very lightly used and in excellent condition. A must see if you are in the market for a good looking, go anywhere, rugged cruising vessel with luxurious accommodations.
LOA: 41 ft 9 in
Beam: 12 ft 6 in
LWL: 33 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 10 in
Displacement: 29157 lbs
Ballast: 11800 lbs
Engine Brand: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4JHE
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 437
Engine Power: 44 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (380 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (130 Gallons)
- Yanmar 4JHE 44hp 437 hours
- Racor Dual Fuel Filter Turbine 500 Series Water Separator (2012)
- Perko intake water strainer (2010)
- PYI Dripless shaft seal
- 3 Blade bronze propeller
- Bronze thru hull fittings below waterline
- Raymarine Wind/Speed/Depth/Knots (Purchased 2011/Installed 2014)
- Alpha Marine 4404 Autopilot
- Icom SSB Radio IC-M700 with AT120 automatic tuner
- Standard Horizon VHF Radio with remote mic
- 24 Mile Furuno Radar w/alarm
- Sony AM/FM CD Stereo w/speakers in main salon and aft stateroom
- 12v DC / 120v AC. 30 amp 50’ shore power cord.
- Five West Marine AGM Deep Cycle batteries (105 AH each)
- Xantrex TrueCharge 40+ 40 amp 3 stage automatic battery charger
- Electrical panel at chart table.
- 16,000 BTU Rotary Aire AC/Heat Unit.
- 9 cabin bulkhead 12v lights, under cabinet fluorescent lights, 4 AC lamps, Both 120v & 12v outlets, 7 overhead 12v lights
- Extra high stantions and life-lines for security
- Granny bars at mast
- Slotted Aluminum toe rail
- 4 Deck prisms
- Custom high density cockpit cushions
- Fore-deck awning
- Full cockpit enclosure with optional screens
- Double-folded SS boarding ladder
- 2 Garhauer SS kayak racks (Kayaks not included)
- Magma BBQ
- Horseshoe buoy
- Companionway screens
- Ships Bell
- Emergency tiller
- Marine AC/Heat
- 4 Hatches
- 10 Opening ports
- 2 Dorades
- 12v Fans
- Screen for companionway
- U-shaped galley to starboard and amidships
- Gimballed Mariner Regal 3 burner propane stove/oven
- 3 Marine grade aluminum propane tanks in aft locker on deck
- Top and side opening Technautics Cool Blue DC fridge/freezer
- Double SS sinks on centerline
- Atlantic Marine SS marine grade 6 gal water heater 120v/engine heat exchange
- Fresh & saltwater foot pumps
The interior of Coin Toss will not disappoint. She benefits from the superb craftsmanship and high quality joinery that the legendary Taiwanese yard, Ta Yang, is so well-known for. Her solid teak is both warm and rich, providing a luxurious and pleasant atmosphere.
The Forward Suite has large V-Berth with a private head, shower, hanging lockers, drawers and storage under berth. Book shelves both to port and starboard of berth.
The spacious Master Stateroom is aft and features a custom center-line queen with seats on either side, night stands with storage, 3 hanging lockers, a vanity, plenty of drawer space and extra storage under the berth. A private head with shower is to port.
Coin Toss has copious amounts of storage throughout—though not often found, a necessary feature in a true cruising vessel.
The main salon features a long, strait settee to starboard and a long L-shaped settee to port. Both settees double as excellent sea berths and both can convert into large double berths. A large drop-leaf table can accommodate a crowd when necessary.
Red lighting for night vision throughout.
- Accessible from salon and forward cabin
- Manual Jabsco commode
Master Suite Head Aft
- Raritan PHII manual commode
- To port of main companionway
- Swing-out nav seat
- Large nav desk
- Plenty of room for electronics
Ground Tackle System
- Maxwell SS windlass electric windlass
- 45lb CQR with approximately 300’ of chain
- 35lb Danforth & 22lb Danforth lunch hook
Sail & Sail Handling Equipment
- Neil Pryde Main
- Neil Pryde 110% Yankee
- Hank-on staysail
- Storm trysail
- Storm jib
- Recent Quantum stack pack for main
- Jiffy reefing for main with 2 reef points
- Recent Facnor roller furler for Yankee
- Traveler for main
- Lewmar primary and secondary self-tailing winches
- Adjustable mast-mounted whisker pole
- All lines lead to cockpit
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Back to top
Back to top