HSH Yacht Sales
2001 Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 37
Click here to view more pictures
This beautifully equipped Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 37' "Faith" is offered her second owners and is truly cruise ready. Bought new in 2002, she has been meticulously maintained and upgraded over her life.
The Sun Odyssey is a very popular model for Jeanneau with excellent design and construction features including a 2-stateroom layout, full sized private head with separate shower stall, varnished teak interior, full navigation station and a large L-shaped galley.
"Faith" is equipped with a 2011 3.5 KW Next Generation generator and full enclosure, an added bonus for this size boat. 40 HP Volvo diesel engine. Full electronics including AIS Transceiver, GPS Chart Plotter, Autopilot and wind instruments. Upgraded AC with reverse heat, upgraded refrigeration.
A full battened mainsail in a Stack Pac configuration, roller furling jib, electric windlass and dinighy with outboard. Jeanneaus SO 37' was "Cruising Worlds" Boat of the Year in 2001.
Here is an opportunity to own a great performance sail boat, solidly constructed, generously equipped and ready for cruising or sailing year around. See full specs for complete detailed information. Available for immediate showings.
LOA: 37 ft 4 in
Beam: 12 ft 1 in
LWL: 31 ft 9 in
Length on Deck: 35 ft 11 in
Maximum Draft: 4 ft 9 in
Displacement: 13448 lbs
Ballast: 4453 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 51 ft 0 in
Engine Brand: Volvo
Engine(s) Total Power: 40 HP
Engine Model: MD2040
Propeller: 3 blade propeller
Year Built: 2001
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 Plastic (85 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: 1 Plastic (36 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: 1 Aluminum (17 Gallons)
Accommodations provided for seven in two spacious private staterooms and main salon.
- The aft stateroom provides plenty of headroom, a generously sized bed, and ample storage and hanging locker space. Two shaded opening ports. A 12-volt air circulating fan.
- Full size private head with separate shower stall and a 2011 upgraded Jabsco electric, self macerating toilet included. Two shaded opening ports. Hoses were replaced in 2010.
- The main salon is spacious with port and starboard settees which double as berths. The dinette is to starboard and converts to a berth. Beautiful teak and holly sole throughout. Opening hatch with shade and two shaded opening ports. Toshiba 19" Flat Screen TV W/DVD in main salon. Plentiful storage provided under settees. The navigation station is forward facing with electronics and electricial distrubition and monitoring panel adjacent.
- The forward V-berth includes a large hanging locker and drawer space. Shaded opening hatch, (2) shaded opening ports and a 12-volt fan are provided. Storage under berth.
- LED lighting.
Starboard of the companionway is a large L-shaped galley. Well lit and workable with plenty of storage and cabinet space.
- The stove is equipped with a removable Starboard material top to provide additional counter space. Sink covers are also provided.
- Cold plate refrigeration. The refer is generously sized, top opening. An increased capacity cold plate and Waeco Series 50 compressor were installed new 2010.
- Two burner gimballed ENO Propane Stove & Oven. (1) Propane bottle. Recertified 2011.
- Double stainless steel sinks.
- Hot and cold pressurized water with an 120-volt electric 6 gallon water heater upgraded in 2008.
- New Jabsco water pump installed in 2012. (Two replaced water pumps as spares).
Large comfortable cockpit. Fitted cockpit seat cushions cover the teak seats.
- A full enclosure inclusive of dodger/windsheild with (protective cover), bimini and side curtains were installed in 2010.
- Companionway cover, helm cover, BBQ grill cover and dinghy outboard motor cover provide additional weather protection.
- Cockpit cushions, (2) adjustable cushions, (1) Capt'n adjustable seat all in wonderful condition.
- Single wheel steering with pedestal guard and brake. Leather cover.
- Swim Ladder on Platform Transom.
- Bow pulpit, stanchions with double lifelines. Mid-Ship Gates Port & STRB.
- Removable stern perch seats in storage.
- Lofrans Electric Windlass, with handheld electric controls, built in anchor well, (2) bow rollers.
- Delta 35# main anchor with 75' of 5/16 chain and 150' 5/8 rode.
- Claw 33# secondary anchor with 200' 5/8 rode.
- Thru-hulls replaced in 2011 as a precausionary measure.
- Hull bottom paint stripped to fibergalss in 2011, reprimed and 3 coats of Micron CSC bottom paint applied. Never had blisters.
- Most recent bottom job 1/2014
- Cockpit table, helmseat, (4) cockpit lockers.
- Outboard motor mount on stern rail with removable outboard lift davit.
Full electronics package with many components upgraded in 2010 to 2012.
- (2) 25 watt VHF radios, a 2012 Westmarine helm radio and a 2001 Raymarine nav statio radio. A common mast head antenna is shared by way of splitter.
- Raymarine ST 60 Knotmeter, depth sounder, windspeed, wind direction instruments.
- AIS transceiver with dedicated GPS and antenna new 2012.
- Garmin 740 GPS/Chart Plotter new 10/2012.
- Raymarine X-5 Autopilot, control head, course computer, rudder indicator and fluxgate compass new 2010. Spare wheel drive parts.
- (3) Handheld VHF radios; ICOM 2012, Horizon 2005, 2002 Westmarine.
- Alpine AM/FM Stereo with CD changer, 2 cabin and 2 cockpit speakers.
12-volt DC and 110-volt 30-amp AC shore power. Three 50' shore power cords and 30-50 Amp adaptors provided.
- NEXTGEN 3.5 KW generator. New 1/2011 (153 hrs.). Sound enclosure. Primary and secondary fuel filters/water separators. Individual 12-volt battery switch. Dedicated raw water strainer and thru hull.
- NEMO 25 AMP automatic battery charger.
- Marine Air 16,000 BTU reverse cycle AC/heat/dehumidifier new 2008. Westmarine Dehumidifier.
- Group 24 AGM engine battery with dedicated 12-volt switch.
- Group 24 AGM and Group 8-D AGM house batteries with dedicated switch.
- LED navigation, anchor and steaming lights.
- Automatic and manual bilge pumps with strainer. Recent float switch replacement with spares supplied.
- Stern mounted spare GPS receiver (used with original chart plotter).
Sails & Rigging
Full battened mainsail (315 Sq Ft.), 135% Roller Furling jib. (414 Sq Ft.). UV panel on jib. Original sails are in good condition and have been professionally maintained on a yearly basis by Banks Sails. With the exception of attaching the main halyard and unzipping main cover, all sail handling can be done from the cockpit. Very easily sailed by one or a couple.
- Mainsail cover.
- SS rigging.
- Facnor 50 Roller Furling System on headsail.
- Jib sheet Traveler, additional jib halyard.
- Mainsheet traveler on cabin top.
- Main is equipped with 2 point jiffy reefing system, Lazy Jack/Stack Pac sail handling system.
- Mast is deck stepped with internal halyards led aft to cockpit.
- Primary and secondary Harken winches. (2) #44 Self-tailing, (2) #32 Self-tailing. 4 winch handles.
Volvo MD2040, 40 HP diesel engine. Not equipped with hour meter. Fresh water cooled. Bilge blower, primary and secondary fuel filter/water seperators. New zincs 1/2013.
- Volvo dripless shaft packing. Replaced 2011.
- Engine oil, oil filters, fuel filters, transmission oil changed evey 50 hours. New raw water pump 2012. Most recent service 3/2014.
"Faith" has a large spare inventory and extra equipment including;
- All USCG required safety equipment is up to date for both the boat and the dinghy. The boat and dinghy are inspected yearly by the CGA.
- Mechanical, plumbing, and electricial spares including filters, belts, inpellers, hose clamps, hoses etc.
- 2010 Westmarine inflatable 6-person dinghy. In storage.
- 1998 Nissan 8 HP outboard 2-stroke with fuel tank and engine cover.
- Waterproof bag with dinghy anchor and safety equipment.
- Outboard motor lift davit.
- ATN mast climber.
- Bosuns chair.
- (2) Fire Extinguishers. Up to date.
- Fenders, dock lines, fender boards.
- Toshiba 19" Flat Screen TV.
- Mast top mounted HDTV antenna with booster new 2012.
- Cable TV cable led through boat.
- Boot hook, life sling with holder, (3) throwable cushions, windex, BBQ grill, flag halyard.
- (12) adult life jackets,
- (2) Auto Inflatable w/harness. Jack line, (2) Tethers.
- (1) Auto inflatable without harness.
- (2) Solar vents.
- Selection of cruising guides and all boat repair manuals. Boat maintenance products.
- 6 person Revere Coastal Commander (needs to be re-certified)
- Personal tools including tool box.
- Bedding, towels, personal items and clothing,
2014 Upgrades and Improvements
- New Running Rigging 3/2014
- New Bottom Job 1/2014
- Canvas re stitched 3/2014
- New Whisker Pole 3/2014
- New Peak-a-boo Shutters 3/2014
- Engine Serviced 3/2014
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Back to top
Back to top
Check out our qualified team!
TO BUY A BOAT
FROM HSH YACHTS
PREPARING YOUR BOAT
TO SELL QUICKLY